Capabilities – Full Service Transcript Expression – Transcript expression analysis has become a staple for understanding how genetic information coded in DNA is expressed in response to stimuli. Whether you’re working with a well studies model species or would like to explore expression profiles in a seldom-studied endemic species, the EGSB Team has you covered. The EGSB Team can employ RNAseq, microarray, and RT-qPCR methods to examine global or directed transcript expression in your species of interest. We can work with you to develop a customized study plan to meet nearly any R&D need. The EGSB Team has a well demonstrated track record of success in generating value from genomics investigations (see references below), and we can do the same for you:
- Gust KA, Nanduri B, Rawat A, Wilbanks MS, Ang CY, Johnson DR, Pendarvis K, Chen X, Quinn Jr. MJ, Johnson MS, Burgess SC, Perkins EJ (2015) Systems Toxicology Identifies Mechanistic Impacts of 2-amino-4,6-dinitrotoluene (2A-DNT) Exposure in Northern Bobwhite. BMC Genomics. 16:587. doi:10.1186/s12864-015-1798-4.
- Ananthasubramaniam B, McCauley E, Gust KA, Kennedy AJ, Muller EB, Perkins EJ, Nisbet RM (2015) Relating sub-organismal processes to ecotoxicological and population end points using a bioenergetic model. Ecol Applications. 25:1691–1710. https://dx.doi.org/10.1890/14-0498.1.
- Gust KA, Najar FZ, Habib T, Lotufo GR, Piggot AM, Fouke BW, Laird JG, Wilbanks MS, Rawat A, Indest KJ, Roe BA, Perkins EJ. (2014) Coral-Zooxanthellae Meta-Transcriptomics Reveals Integrated Response to Pollutant Stress. BMC Genomics. 15:591. doi: 10.1186/1471-2164-15-591.
- Wilbanks MS, Gust KA, Atwa S, Sunesara I, Johnson DS, Ang CY, Meyer SA, Perkins EJ (2014) Validation of a genomics-based hypothetical adverse outcome pathway: 2,4-dinitrotoluene perturbs PPAR signaling impairing energy metabolism and decreasing exercise endurance, Toxicol Sci.141(1):44-58. doi: 10.1093/toxsci/kfu104.
- Warner CM, Gust KA*, Stanley JK, Habib T, Wilbanks MS, Garcia-Reyero N, Perkins EJ (2012) A Systems Toxicology Approach to Elucidate the Mechanisms Involved in RDX Species-Specific Sensitivity. Environ Sci Technol. 46:7790−7798.
- Hancock DL, Indest KJ, Gust KA, and Kennedy AJ (2012) The Effects of C60 on the Salmonella typhimurium LT2 Transcriptome Expression: Insights into C60 Mediated Growth Inhibition and Mutagenicity. Environ Toxicol Chem. 31(7):1438-44.
- Rawat A, Elasri MO, Gust KA, George G, Pham D, Scanlan L, Vulpe C, Perkins EJ (2012) CAPRG: Sequence assembling pipeline for next generation sequencing for non-model organisms. PLoS-ONE 7(2): e30370.
- Chaitankar V, Ghosh P, Elasri, MO, Gust KA, Perkins EJ (2012) Genome scale inference of transcriptional regulatory networks using mutual information on complex interactions. Proceedings of the ACM Conference on Bioinformatics, Computational Biology and Biomedicine. DOI:10.1145/2382936.2383051.
- Gust KA, Brasfield SM, Stanley JK, Wilbanks MS, Chappell P, Perkins EJ, Lotufo GR, Lance RF (2011) Genomic investigation of year long and multi-generational exposures of fathead minnow to the munitions compound RDX. Environ Toxicol Chem. 30(8):1852-1864.
- Garcia-Reyero N, Habib T, Pirooznia M, Gust KA, Gong P, Warner C, Wilbanks MS, Perkins E (2011) Conserved toxic responses across divergent phylogenetic lineages: A Meta-analysis of the neurotoxic effects of RDX among multiple species using toxicogenomics. Ecotoxicology 20(3):580-594.
- Gust KA, Wilbanks MS, Guan X, Pirooznia M, Habib T, Yoo L, Wintz H, Vulpe CD, Perkins EJ (2011) Investigations of transcript expression in fathead minnow (Pimephales promelas) brain tissue reveal toxicological impacts of RDX exposure. Aquat Toxicol. 101(1):135-45.
- Rawat A, Gust KA*, Deng Y, Garcia-Reyero N, Quinn Jr. MJ, Johnson MS, Indest K, Elasri MO, Perkins EJ (2010) From raw materials to validated system: The construction of a genomic library and microarray to interpret systemic perturbations in Northern bobwhite. Physiol Genomics. 42:219-235.
- Rawat A, Gust KA, Elasri MO, Perkins EJ (2010) Quail Genomics: a knowledgebase for Northern bobwhite. BMC Bioinformatics. 11(Suppl 6):S13.
- Chen X, Gust KA, Wilbanks MS, Perkins EJ, Barker ND, Pham D, Scanlan L, Vulpe C (2010) Supercomputer assembly and annotation of transcriptomes for assessing impacts of Army stressors on ecological receptors. US Army Science Proceedings. LP-013.
- Gust KA, Pirooznia M, Quinn Jr. MJ, Johnson MS, Escalon, BL, Indest KJ, Guan X, Clarke J, Deng Y, Gong P, Perkins EJ (2009) Neurotoxicogenomic Investigations to Assess Mechanisms of Action of the Munitions Constituents RDX and 2,6-DNT in Northern Bobwhite (Colinus virginianus) Toxicol Sci 110(1):168–180.
- Perkins EJ, KA Gust, and J Steevens (2007) Does Toxicogenomics Have Any Practical Use in Ecotoxicology? Assessing Population Level Impacts of Contaminants. Integrated Environ Assess Manag 3(4):559-566.